Monday, March 19, 2007

Featured Stamper Challenge

This is my 'entry' for the Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS. I am SO glad to see Angie Z (aka duckwaddlequack) is this week's featured stamper. Angie very kindly left a comment on my last post, which is immensly flattering as her gallery is just amazing. I checked out her blog, which is a must see and saw this beautiful card. Now, it was my mum's birthday last Monday and I just hadn't been inspired to make anything (I did know that I wanted to use my new PapertreyInk set, which was still brand spanking new!).

So what did I do that was different I hear you ask. Firstly, I used the dotted background from Delight In Life set on the card base. I then sponged black ink around the edges like Angie did. I omitted the fibres from around the purple piece and I used my new Papertrey Ink Papertray sentiments for the Happy Birthday instead of the heart image.
All the flowers were stamped on W/White in B/Black Classic Ink and the big flowers were overstamed using the solid image inked in Orchid Opulence. I then watercoloured them using the blender pen and Orchid Opulence marker. The flower centres were covered with 2-way glue and then had Dazzling Diamonds sprinkled on them. They are attached to the card using 2-way glue. The swirls were stamped in Versacolor Black pigment and embossed with Hologram Highlights EP. Same with the Happy Birthday sentiment which was punched out with the 1-1/4 RD punch. The B/Black mat was punched with the 1-3/8 punch. The black layer is mounted to the card using dimensionals. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card and will be posting it for the challenge later today as it's still Sunday in America (got to honour the No Upload Sunday rule *wink*)
Supplies Used: (all Stampin' Up! unless othewise noted)
Stamps: Delight In Life (SAB set), Papertray (PapertreyInk)
Cardstock: Orchid Opulence, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black Classic, Orchid Opulence marker, Black Pigment Ink (Versacolor)
Accessories: Hologram Highlights EP (LSS), Dimensionals, 2-way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 1-1/4 & 1-3/8 RD Punches, Sponges

2 comments:

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

You make beautiful work!!

Bety :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo :)
Your card is just divine! - I adore that set, one of my faves :)
Don't forget to say Hi at convention!!
hugs
Tracy D.