Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Part 2

So, this is the 2nd card we did as a M&T at my last workshop - it was just too late to post it last night. I did finally get PSE sorted and can add the watermark info easily (I set it up as a brush), but, boy was it a chore. It was lucky that I found a post from Mamakimberly on SCS who explained how make a watermark & brush, otherwise I'd still be sitting here trying to work it out, LOL. It still needs some tweaking, but it will do for now.

I also had a request to show some watercolouring at the workshop and this is what I came up with. I knew alot of the girls attending have girls, so that influenced the colour choice. I stamped the cupcake from Birthday Best on W/White with B/Black. I then coloured the icing with the Pixie Pink marker. I then scribbled some Creamy Caramel and Bashful Blue marker on the box the stamp set came it, picked up the colour with a blender pen and coloured the bottom of the cake with C/Caramel and 'grounded' the cake with the B/Blue. Summer Sun was used to colour the candle flame. I then covered the top of the cake with 2-way glue, and while it was still wet, covered it with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. This was then matted with B/Black and attached to the card base using dimensinals. The pink paper is from the Sassy DSP (which is being retired 31/03/07) and the sentiment, also from Birthday Best is stamped in Pixie Pink ink. As a finishing touch, I added a bow of White organdy ribbon.
Supplies Used:
Stamps: Birthday Best
Ink: Basic Black, Pixie Pink Classic Ink, Pixie Pink, Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue, Summer Sun Stampin' Write Markers
Cardstock & Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pink Striped Paper from Sassy DSP
Accessories: Blender Pens, White Organdy Ribbon, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip