Monday, June 2, 2008

Thanks for the Inspiration

Sam.  After seeing the beautiful card Sam made for her Crayon Resist technique class, I decided I was going to have a go, after all I've had the glossy cardstock in my stash for a little over a year and a half to try this very technique. 

So Friday night, I grabbed Harry's bit of white crayon and got to work.  This is what I came up with.  The colours I used were from a SCS colour challenge (Soft Sky, Blue Bayou and Certainly Celery)



It started out being based on this sketch challenge by Beate, however I didn't really look all that carefully at the sketch and thought I'd mucked it up, so I flipped it so I could put the sentiment at the bottom (it's stamped in VersaMark and embossed with White embossing powder).  The dots at the side of the sentiment and on each scallop are from the Anchored rub on's.  

This one IS based on Beate's WCS #50.  I originally had 3 brads in the left hand corner to balance it up a bit but didn't like them so I 'fixed' that mistake by piercing around the B/Bayou mat.  It still looked unbalanced so I added the sentiment, again from the Anchored rub on's.  I'm not too sure about the sentiment, I mean, who says that???.  I think it would be better on a scrapbook page, oh well, too late now.

 

This last one is probably my favourite, I've pierced around the whole of the image panel, which is raised on dimensionals.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is also on dimensionals.

 

 Stamps:  Spring Solitude, A Little Birthday Cheer  Ink:  Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Versamark  Cardstock:  White Glossy, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Soft Sky and Blue Bayou Textured cardstock  Accessories:  Paper Piercer, Mat, Piercing Template, Anchored Rub-On's, White Embossing Powder, Corner Rounder (with guard removed to make scalloped border), Certainly Celery 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon, Word Window Punch, Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponges, Tissue (to wipe off excess ink & crayon), Harry's Crayola crayon!

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Hi Jo, crayon resist is great. I love doing this technique. Love your card too. Have a great day, Marls

Connie paxman said...

Love your cards, the rainbow of blues goes so well with the flow of the flowers.
connie paxman