Sunday, July 27, 2008

2 Challenges - 1 Card

Hey, I'm back - last week I was just too tired to even think about making ANYTHING.  This week I'm cheating a little because I've covered 2 challenges with the one card- Kristina's Colour Inspiration Challenge and 2Sketches4You sketch challenge.  (Well, I've missed the cut off for Kristina's but I'm still in time for 2S4U)

Here's Kristina's inspiration piece - the colours are Rose Red, Regal Rose, Sage Shadow & Whisper White.  You can see Kazan's sketch here.



 

 

 

 

 

 This is what I came up with



As soon as I saw Kazan's sketch I knew I wanted to used Always - from the New Spring Mini which starts on August 1, 2008 and when I saw the colours in Kristina's challenge, I had the idea of stamping the bird with Versamark on white then embossing with clear EP and then colouring the details using my markers.  I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I was really happy with the result.  The rest is pretty self explanatory - no complicated techniques here!

Thanks for looking - hope you're all having a great weekend and keeping warm (the nights have been particulary cold here in Melbourne this week)

Catch you next week!

PS:  I have received my copies of the BEAUTIFUL new Spring Mini - if you would like a FREE copy, leave a comment or send me an email with your address deets & I'll get one out to you!

Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Always, Occassional Greetings

Ink:  Sage ShadowClassic Ink, VersaMark, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Sage Shadow and Chocolate Chip Markers

Cardstock:  Whisper White, Sage Shadow, Regal Rose, Rose Red 6x6 Pallete O' Prints

Accessories:  Clear EP, White Gel Pen, Corner Rounder, Rose Red 5/8 Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Kazan Clark said...

So so pretty - I love how crisp and neat and simply gorgeous this is :)

Lisa said...

So pretty, I love your colors and that little birdie is very pretty.

moralia said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! YUM!! :)

Mandi said...

Love this Jo! Gorgeous as usual!