Sunday, July 13, 2008

2S4U Sketch Challenge

Firstly, a bit of housekeeping.  My montly newsletter is running late, but I guess you've already realised that by now.  I started it last week, but the words just weren't flowing.  Hopefully, I should have it finished next week.

Secondly, I just wanted to thank  you all for the lovely comments that you've been leaving me.  It's much appreciated.  Special thanks to Curt, who was the first guy to leave a comment!

Thirdly, I've got some Spring Mini Cataglogues on their way to me.  If you'd like one, please send either leave me a comment or send me an email with your address details and I'll put one in the mail for you.  There are SO many beautitul things.......you'll find it hard to decide what to get first!

OK, so now for today's card.  I've used the sketch posted at 2 Sketches 4 You.  This is a fantastic blog and I'm having so much fun working with Laura and Kazan's sketches.  This week it was Kazan's sketch.    I'm not sure if I can post a copy of the sketch here on my blog so here's a link so you can see if for yourself.



I've used some more things from my Spring Mini pre-order.  See that BEAUTIFUL Purely Pomegranate Satin ribbon.  I have been hanging out for this since it was realeased in the States last year.  It also comes in Chocolate Chip - yummy!  As soon as I laid my hands on it I knew it was going to be used for this sketch.  The Baroque background stamp I have wanted for AGES, it just gorgeous.  I have stamped it in VersaMark and embossed with black embossing powder.  The sentiment is from Always (you can expect to see more of this set - it's another that's been on my wish list since it was released in the US.)  The flowers are from One of a Kind and are punched out using matching Boho Blossoms punch.  One of a Kind, Always and Boho Blossom punch are in the Spring Mini and will be available for purchase on August 1, 2008.

Well, that's all for tonight, it's late and I'm tired.  Hope you're all having a great weekend.  Thanks for looking :)

Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Baroque, Always, One of a Kind

Ink:  VersaMark, Purely Pomegranate

Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate

Accessories:  Black embossing powder, corner rounder, Purely Pomegranate Ribbon, Boho Blossoms Punch, dimensionals

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Holy smokes, this is beautiful. Those colors are just striking!!

kath said...

gorgeous card for the sketch - those papers and oooh that fabby ribbon - just love it
Love
kath
xxxx

Kazan Clark said...

Wow Jo these colors are fabulous together and that bow is delicious! Great job on the sketch this week :)

Marlene said...

Jo this is truely beautiful. I love the ribbon too. Have a great week, Marls

Lori K said...

Such elegnat colors and that pp is beautiful. Lovely card.

Anna Pontikis said...

Hi Jo, Gorgeous Card, love those two colours together. Take Care. Anna

Kencost said...

Thanks! Really funny. Big ups!