Sunday, February 7, 2010

PaperTrey Emboss Resist Challenge

This is my entry. I think I'm extremely close to the cut off time so I'm going to post and run and come back and post details in a minute.

 

The challenge for Day 5 of  the PaperTrey 3rd Birthday Celebrations was an Emboss Resist.  Since this challenge fell over a weekend, I was able to participate.  I thought I was running low on time but it looks like I actually had a couple of hours to spare :)  That 's what happens when I try and work out time differences in my head, lol.

My inspiration for this card came from this photo I took from our balcony of a sunset a few months ago.  Ever since I took it, I thought it would great for an emboss resist technique.  I love how the stamped image turned out, but I'm not sold on the rest of the card, and may even pull it to bits after this.  (It kept me awake last night thinking of other things I could try to 'fix it up').

Supplies Used:  All Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.

Stamps:  Life - PaperTrey Ink, Happy, Happy Birthday

Cardstock:  Glossy White, Basic Black

Ink:  Pacific Point, Ballet Blue, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Riding Hood Red, Versamark

Accessories:  Black Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Sponges, Black Satin Ribbon - PaperTrey Ink

Hope you like it and thanks for looking.

Till next time...

2 comments:

Felicity said...

Hey Jo, great to see you bloggin again, looking foward to the 20th :)

Marls said...

Hi Jo, great card and it is great to see you back in the land of blogging. Hope all is well and that new craft room is all finished. I just cleaned mine out this weekend......what a job! Caitlin has nearly as much stuff as me now (LOL). Take care, Marls