Friday, April 1, 2011

JAI #62 - Just Add a Bag or Box

This week the challenge at Just Add Ink was to create a bag or a box.  Those of you who know me, know that I'm not a 3D type of girl so I was a bit worried about what I was going to do for this challenge.  Then a friend of mine sent me some diecuts from the Petal Cone die so I could see what it looked like.  That got me to thinking as I was sussing it out, how cool would it be if it done in acetate?????   Well, this is what it looks like

Pretty cool, hey?  My original idea was to have them as party favours for my son's birthday, which isn't until September, but hey, I'm trying to be more organised.  I'm rethinking that idea because let me tell you, this cone holds a HEAP.  There is a whole bag of Easter Eggs in this one.  I also filled it with Skittles and it took nearly a whole bag of those too (I'll add photos of those later, probably tomorrow now). I think if I want to use it as a party favour, I'm going to have to stuff it with some shredded cellophane otherwise I'll be spending a fortune on lollies to fill them, and giving 5 year old boys a larger sugar rush than they really need, lol!

Anyway, I thought acetate was a really good material to use for the first time putting this die together.  It just allowed me a little extra wiggle room for lining up as the sticky strip came away from the acetate without destroying it like it does with cardstock.  The DSP is East Coast Prep from about 2 years ago.  I made the rosette by cutting a strip that was 12" x 2" (I think) and then scoring every 1/4" using my scoring board.  I stuck the edges together with sticky strip and then added the 1-1/4 RD circle to hold it all together.  The hardest part of the project was getting the rosette to stick to the acetate.  The H was die cut using the Timeless Type Jnr Alphabet.

Well, that's it from me for tonight.  Feeling a little tired after spending this evening at Harry's first Auskick session.

Don't forget to check out what the DT and our two guest designers have done - all their creations are amazing.

Thanks for visiting. Hope you have a great weekend

Supplies Used:  All Stampin' Up!
Cardstock:  Bashful Blue, Acetate, Brilliant Blue & East Coast Prep DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Petal Cone Die, Bigshot, Timeless Type Jnr Alphabet, Scallop Edge punch, 1-1/4" RD punch, Sticky Strip, Tombo Mono Multi, Dimensionals.


8 comments:

Sharnee Torrents said...

Hello Jo,
WOW!!!! THis is totally awesome!! Really i love the colours and the DSP trim and then that Rosette! WOW!! WOW!!! WOW!!! I wondered how they did that in the new mini, you're soooo clever! Love it!
Smiles SHarnee :)

Felicity said...

Looks great Jo, good to see your creation with the cute little petal cone die.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is an amazing little project, Jo. Love the gorgeous flower to add that extra wow factor!!

Nikki Spencer said...

You've inspired me to crack out the acetate Jo, this is so cute.

Karen said...

Hey there Jo!

That cone box is fab and I love it done in acetate so you can see whats inside! Lucky you having a few to play with!

I'm sitting here waiting for my PTI order to arrive. Good lord I hope my post man van comes soon! lol Have you played with your new toys yet?

Karen
x

Patrice said...

Love your acetate goody box Jo. Makes me want the petal cone die now :o(

Sam said...

This pennant die box looks fabulous Jo. I love the rosette on the front....it is such a beautiful touch.

Had to laugh at the amount of stuff you could fit in...def. sounds like some non-edible stuffing is required.

:o)
Sam.

Sam said...

Hey Jo! I good have sworn that I posted a comment to this post...but it isn't here so maybe I forgot to verify it or something.

Love this acetate box, and the cute rosette on the front so much!

I also love your JAI card this week (can't see a post for it though). Is your choc insipration Cherry Ripe?

Hope you have a great weekend,
Sam.