Friday, July 29, 2011

JAI #78 - Colour Challenge

Howdy, this week we have a colour challenge at Just Add Ink
These colours ended up being quite versatile and I couldn't decide whether I wanted to do a masculine card, a baby card, since my friend Felicity welcomed her much anticipated bundle of joy to the world a week ago today, or something floral.  I decided on the floral and started off using my 'Just Because' set.  After faffing around watercolouring it, sprizting it with shimmer mist and cutting it out, I decided to do something completely different after getting sidetracked by something I found on the floor!  This is what I ended up making


And I totally love it.  The card base is Sahara Sand textured cardstock, as is the top panel.  I have stamped that panel with Sahara Sand ink by inking up one of my clear blocks and stamping directly onto the cardstock.  I really love the effect this technique gives.  I then coloured the inside of the Flower Garden embossing folder using Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip and Not Quite Navy markers.  I shoved the stamped piece into the embossing folder and ran it through the Big Shot and this is the result.  Then I just used dimensionals to attach it to the card base.  I did try adding a sentiment, but didn't like the way it looked so I trashed it and started again.  Not so much of a big deal because I had already accidently used my Early Espress marker instead of the Chocolate Chip one - oops.  To clean the inside of my embossing folder, I just spritzed it with a little Stampin' Mist and then popped a baby wipe inside and ran it through the Big Shot and it came out as clean as a whistle :)

Make sure you check out what the rest of the Design Team have come up with, lots of beautiful ideas to inspire you I'm sure.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day and weekend

Supplies Used:
Ink:  Sahara Sand; Certainly Celery, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip markers
Cardstock:  Sahara Sand Textured
Accessories:  Big Shot, Flower Garden embossing folder (US only), clear block, dimensionals

9 comments:

Paula Stewart said...

This is gorgeous!! WOW! Thanks for sharing.

Nikki Spencer said...

Fab technique Jo, it looks so effective, love it!

KimB said...

I'm not surprised you love it Jo cause it is pretty special. I will have to try this whole block inking effect!
Kim xxx

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous look! Great idea to EMBOSS the baby wipe...genius! ;)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is just beautiful, Jo. I really love your tip about cleaning the embossing folder and will be inking them more often!

Patrice said...

Way cool Jo! I'm definitely going to have to try inking my embossing folders more often. Love your end result.

Mae's Cachet said...

This is such an effective technique and I should remember to try it some time. Great card. Thanks also for the cleaning tip! ♥

Luci said...

Wow - such a unique looking card! Love the technique you shared. Thanks for the brilliant cleaning idea, too - got to try this!

Felicity said...

Wow Jo! This is some of your best work I reckon, totally love it! You are so amazingly creative :)