Saturday, May 19, 2012

ColourQ 137

Hi

Back again for Colour Q Challenge #137.  These are the colours we had to work with


Pretty, aren't they.  I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with these, except that I knew it was going to be something floral.  Then on Tuesday, I was able to sign up for the 'A Cut Above' class for the Big Shot.  One of the topics was making shaped cards and they used the Stampin' Up! Framelits Labels Collection, which I have, and that got my mind ticking over.  This is what I made



I made my card using the largest framelit and then cut a piece of watercolour cardstock the same size and adhered that to the folded base.  Then I cut a frame using the largest and the next size down.  I used the Brushless Watercolour technique to stamp the images on the watercolour paper.  The sentiment is stamped using Basic Gray ink on vellum.  Since it is stamped on vellum, it stayed wet enough for me to emboss with clear EP.  The vellum strip is attached to the back of the frame and the frame is attached to the card using foam mounting tape, so it pops up.

You may be wondering how I got it to stand up like that.  Well, it's magic, lol.  Nope, the card stuck with dotto to the front of my black sharpener, which has blended into the background very nicely.

Well, that's it from me tonight.  It's late and I given myself a bit of an injury whilst photographing the card.  Ended up taking a tumble after my chair slipped out from under me as I went to sit back down on it after adjusting the card to make sure it was straight.  Going to have a bit of a bruise on my thigh I think :)

Thanks for visiting, hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Nature's Moments (Tim Holtz - Stampers Anonymous), Birthday Basics (PTI)
Ink:  Shaded Lilac, Shabby Shutters, Broken China (Tim Holtz - Ranger), Basic Gray (SU)
Cardstock:  Basic Gray, Vellum (SU), watercolour paper (LSS)
Accessories:  Big Shot, Framelits Labels Collection, Clear EP, Heat Tool (SU), Mini Mister (Ranger)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Jo..I hope you're okay. Your photo turned out great though..very clever way of getting it to stand up:) I love the softness of the flowers..very pretty. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this.

Sylvia said...

Your card is beautiful, Jo, love your water colored flowers in that technique! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the ColourQ!