Friday, June 22, 2012

JAI123 - Sketch Challenge

Hello, hello

This week at Just Add Ink we have a sketch challenge for you to try.


I admit I had a bit of trouble with one.  When I first saw it, it looked quite 'officy' to me - I think it was the clip - and I really couldn't think of any cool ideas to do with it so I just stuck to the sketch without any changes.  Take a look


I did try and add something to the background but it just didn't look right so I left it as is.  I tried to jazz it up a little bit by using this awesome red embossing powder that I've had for so long I actually forgot I had it, but it really has ended up being a little bit plain.

Make sure you check out what the rest of the Design Team have come up with - they were way, way more creative than I was.

Thanks for visiting and I hope your weekend will be warmer than ours :)

Supplies Used:  All Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise
Stamps:  Birthday Basics (PTI)
Ink:  Distress Embossing Ink (Ranger)
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Notebook DSP (retired many moons ago)
Accessories:  Heat Tool, Clip from Clip Assortment, Corner Rounders (current & retired), Red EP (stash)

8 comments:

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Jo I love this clean card! I really like the way the crisp colour of the notebook dsp stands out off the crumbcake.

Patrice said...

Plain isn't a bad thing Jo! Anyway call it CAS and it's perfect lol.

I love your little 'note' card and clip. It does suit the office, maybe you can gift it to someone in yours.

Love that blue.

Christine Blain said...

Personally, I'm a bit of a fan of "office-y"!! Love the papers, and colours, you've used Jo. The red embossed sentiment is a beautiful touch.

KimB said...

I think carrying the office theme through work well Jo. Makes me want to pull out that little note to see what on there - lol!
xxx

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hi Jo! I'm loving the crisp lines of this card! The binder clip is a very cool addition!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I wouldn't say plain at all Jo - I'd say clean (which I have trouble doing myself). The embossed greeting is a nice touch.

Nikki Spencer said...

Love your CAS interpretation Jo, the little clip and DSP really feature on the crumbcake base.

Karen B. said...

What an amazing CAS card! I love the little details, and the colors too1